Prince William Sound College (PWSC) offers students a variety of academic programs and learning opportunities. Small class sizes allow for students to develop one-on-one relationships with peers and faculty, ensuring a quality learning experience. Opportunities for leadership, service, practical training, and engagement in campus life activities abound.
- Associate of Arts (General Studies)
- Many of our students are drawn to this degree because of its versatility. It is a great transfer degree or it can stand alone as a two-year level of academic achievement.
- Associate of Arts (Emphasis on E-Commerce and Mobile Application Development):
- Student who complete courses in e-commerce and mobile applications will position themselves to enter the field of professional computing.
- Associate of Arts pathway to Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
- The major-to-major articulation provides students a clear progression from a completed Associate of Arts degree (AA) into the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Elementary Education at the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) or the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF).
- Associate of Applied Science in Technology
- Prepares students for entry-level work in a variety of specialized technical fields. It gives students an opportunity to individualize their education while earning a two-year degree. The program offers students the opportunity to earn two occupational endorsements certificates (OECs) and an associate of applied science degree all-in-one.
- Construction Skills, Occupational Endorsement Certificate
- Students who complete these courses gain skills to perform interior and exterior tasks including basic carpentry, weatherization, plumbing, and electrical repairs with a focus on safety and developing employability skills.
- Outdoor Leadership, Associate of Applied Science:
- This degree program will provide you with the skills necessary to enter the outdoor recreation industry as a professional and will help you become stronger and more confident as an outdoor leader.
- Natural Resources Technician, Occupational Endorsement Certificate:
- The PWSC Natural Resources Technician program is a 12-week intensive experience that covers the knowledge and skills needed for an entry-level position in a natural resources career.
- Nursing, Associate of Applied Science:
- PWSC serves as a branch campus for UAA’s Associate of Applied Science Nursing Program.
- Marine Service Technology, Occupational Endorsement Certificate:
- This certificate prepares students to complete the American Boat and Yacht Council Certification, and Equipment and Engine Training Council Certification in small engines.
- Millwright, Occupational Endorsement Certificate:
- The Millwright program at PWSC is based on the National Center for Construction Education (NCCER), a nationally recognized provider of technical training.
- Web Engineering, Occupational Endorsement Certificate: This certificate prepares students to fill positions as web designers or bolster their office and administrative skill set. Students learn programming and scripting languages as well as web design skills that equip them to fill annual openings for full-time web developers or stand out when applying for positions or promotions that require web development and design skills.
Prince William Sound College collaborates with many school districts throughout Alaska to offer concurrent enrollment courses to high school level students. Click here to learn more about Concurrent Enrollment at PWSC.
Alaska Adult Education
The Alaska Adult Education Center (AAE) through PWSC is designed to provide individualized and group instruction to adults. Classes and most instructional materials are free to everyone 16 years of age and older.
- Copper Basin Extension Site:
- The Copper Basin Extension Site is located in Glennallen, Alaska.
- Cordova Extension Site:
- The Cordova Extension Site is located in Cordova, Alaska.