Prince William Sound College (PWSC) offers students a variety of academic programs and learning opportunities. Small class sizes allow for students to develop one-on-one relationships with peers and faculty, ensuring a quality learning experience. Opportunities for leadership, service, practical training, and engagement in campus life activities abound.
Associate Degrees & Certificates
- Associate of Arts (General Studies)
- Many of our students are drawn to this degree because of its versatility. It is a great transfer degree or it can stand alone as a two-year level of academic achievement.
- Associate of Arts (Emphasis on E-Commerce and Mobile Application Development):
- Student who complete courses in e-commerce and mobile applications will position themselves to enter the field of professional computing.
- Industrial Technology, Associate of Applied Science *:
- * Industrial Technology provides opportunities for students to learn the information and obtain job skills needed to pursue careers as a millwright. A professional millwright is highly skilled in precision instrumentation, welding, blue print reading, turbines, generators, rigging, conveyor systems, safety and much more. Millwrights are experts at installing, maintaining and repairing all sizes of industrial machinery. The Millwright program at PWSC trains students in each of these areas and is based on a curriculum certiﬁed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER), a nationally recognized provider of technical training. Students can earn an Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Millwright in order to be prepared for entry-level positions, or can position themselves for career advancement by going on to earn an Associate of Applied Science or Bachelor of Science degree in Technology.
- Outdoor Leadership, Associate of Applied Science:
- This degree program will provide you with the skills necessary to enter the outdoor recreation industry as a professional and will help you become stronger and more confident as an outdoor leader.
- Nursing, Associate of Applied Science:
- PWSC serves as a branch campus for UAA’s Associate of Applied Science Nursing Program.
- Millwright, Occupational Endorsement Certificate:
- The Millwright program at PWSC is based on the National Center for Construction Education (NCCER), a nationally recognized provider of technical training.
Prince William Sound College collaborates with many school districts throughout Alaska to offer concurrent enrollment courses to high school level students. Click here to learn more about Concurrent Enrollment at PWSC.
Adult Basic Education
The Adult Basic Education Center (ABE) through PWSC is designed to provide individualized and group instruction to adults. Classes and most instructional materials are free to everyone 16 years of age and older.
- Extension Sites