Advising at PWSC
Advisors assist students in developing and pursuing educational plans consistent with their life and financial goals. Advisors use assessment scores, transcript information, and student input to help them choose the best programs and courses for their objectives. Advisors can also provide guidance for college policies and procedures, help students build their academic skills, and navigate any aspect of becoming or being a student at PWSC. Your success matters to PWSC advisor and they are here for you.
Typically, PWSC advisors are available year-round and are located within Student Services on the Valdez campus.Currently, advisors are making phone or web conferencing appointments only due to the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic. You can make an appointment with an advisor through the individual link below.
Advisors offer services to the following student groups and more:
- Individuals just starting to explore their options
- New incoming students
- PWSC degree-seeker
- General Education Requirements for students seeking a bachelor’s degree (or starting here with the goal of ultimately transferring out)
- Retraining for a new career
- Dual-credit students
- Disability Support Services
- Active duty military and veterans
- Students with financial aid questions
- Current PWSC students who need additional academic or student support.
Schedule an appointment: