Advising at PWSC
Advisors assist students in developing and pursuing educational plans consistent with their life and financial goals. Advisors use assessment scores, transcript information, and student input to help students choose the best programs and courses for their objectives. Advisors can explain the program requirements and help students create a degree plan based on the number of credits a student will take each semester and when courses are being offered. Advisors can also provide guidance for college policies and procedures, help students build their academic skills, and navigate any aspect of becoming or being a student at PWSC.
PWSC advisors are available year-round and are located within Student Services on the Valdez campus. There are several ways to contact an advisor. You can drop-in or schedule an appointment by phone, email, and/or campus visit. In addition, you can make an appointment with an advisor through the individual links below. Virtual appointments are available.
Advisors offer services to the following student groups and more:
- Individuals just starting to explore their options
- New incoming or First Year students
- PWSC degree-seeker
- General Education Requirements for students seeking a bachelor’s degree (or starting here with the goal of ultimately transferring out)
- Retraining for a new career
- Dual-credit students
- Disability Support Services
- Active duty military and veterans
- Students with financial aid questions
- Current PWSC students who need additional academic or student support.
Schedule an appointment: