Scholarships at PWSC
Prince William Sound College Scholarships
All new and current full-time PWSC students admitted to financial aid eligible degree and certificate programs may apply for PWSC scholarships. All PWSC scholarships are competitive awards sponsored with funds raised primarily from local support. Eligibility, application deadlines, and award amounts vary by scholarship. More information on each scholarship and application links are provided below.
Please contact the Student Affairs with any questions at 907-834-1600 or email email@example.com.
All scholarships will be disbursed after the add/drop deadline each semester.
General Eligibility Requirements for New Awards
Unless otherwise specified, minimum eligibility requirements for PWSC scholarships include:
- Minimum high school or college GPA of 2.5
- Admission to a PWSC degree or certificate program
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credits through PWSC (full-time status)
- Be in good standing for academic progress and student conduct
- Full application and all required documents must be received by the Office of Financial Aid by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date (application deadlines vary by scholarship).
- Applications can be submitted by one of the following ways:
- By email: Sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax: (907)834-1635
- By mail: PWSC Scholarship Committee, PO Box 97, Valdez, AK 99686
- In person: Dropped off at the Help Desk on the Valdez PWSC Campus
ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE
- Completed scholarship application for each scholarship.
- A minimum of two current letters of recommendation from a past or current instructor, employer, or other appropriate sources. These individuals should be able to comment on your academic performance, community involvement, general character, achievements, and aptitude to succeed at PWSC as a student. Letters may be submitted by the applicant or sent directly to the Financial Aid Coordinator.
- A self-composed essay. Topics vary by scholarship. Unless otherwise specified, scholarship essays should be a minimum of one full page and no more than three. They should clearly address all aspects of the essay topic.
- Transcripts (high school and/or college, or certificate of GED completion).
- Proof of FAFSA completion.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software
Questions?Contact PWSC Student Affairs