The PWSC Care Team's promotes safety and student support to educate the campus community on identification and referral of student behavior that is distressful, disruptive, or concerning through the use of a multidisciplinary group that serves as a centralized coordination system. In addition, the team coordinates the application of assessment and intervention services for referred students.
Submit a Care Report
In an emergency, call 911 and tell the dispatcher that you are on campus. University Police will be alerted.
Submit a Care Report if a student appears distressed, disturbed, dysregulated, and/or has generally concerning behavior.Submit a Care Report
When to Submit
If you have any questions about whether or not to submit a referral/report please contact PWSC Director of Student Affairs at 907-834-1612 or the Residence Life Coordinator at 907-834-1634. In addition you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The care team answers calls between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding University holidays.
For after hours, non-emergencies, see Additional Resources or visit the UAA Care Team webpage.
- Alaska Care Line: 877-266-4357; Text: (Tue-Sat 3pm-11pm) '4help' to 839863
- National Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
- Advocates for Victims of Violence - Valdez: 907-835-2999
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 option 1
- Residence Life: Sam's office #
- Office of Campus Equity & Compliance: 907-786-4680
- Title IX Investigator: 907-786-1535
- Disability Support Services (DSS): 907-834-1612
- International Student Services: 907-834-1632
- Student Financial Assistance: 907-834-1645 or 907-786-1480
- Valdez Police Department 907-835-4560
- Providence Valdez Counseling Center 907-835-2838