Ordering Textbooks is Completely Online
Fall 2023 - FREE SHIPPING to campus for orders placed between July 24 and August 6, 2023 (excluding marketplace)
PWSC/UAA is launching a NEW online bookstore for Fall 2023.
PWSC/UAA is excited to announce its new online bookstore, which goes live July 24, 2023 for Fall orders. Created in partnership with Ambassador Education Solutions, the online bookstore offers an easy, affordable, and hassle-free shopping experience. Students automatically connect to their personalized lists of course materials where they can find, compare, and order items anytime, anywhere from their computers or mobile devices, including new and used textbooks, digital materials, rentals, supplies, kits, and more. At the online bookstore, students will be able to find and order books for all PWSC/UAA campuses (Anchorage, Mat-Su College, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College, and Prince William Sound College).
- July 24, 2023: Online bookstore opens for Fall 2023 orders
- July 24 - August 6, 2023: Free shipping to campus for all orders, excluding marketplace
- August 31, 2023: Student account charges close
How Does it Work?
Login with your UA username and password to view a personalized, easy-to-use page with all your PWSC/UAA courses, required materials, and pricing options. The online bookstore offers:
- A quick and intuitive ordering process - complete your purchase in 5 minutes!
- Options for all course materials, including new and used textbooks, eBooks, rentals, supplies, kits and more.
- Free shipping to campus during the posted dates.
- Expert customer service with added support at the beginning of every term.
- Flexible payment options, including the ability to charge your course materials to your student account.
Students registered with Disability Support Services who need a physical format textbook as a reasonable accommodation should contact Disability Support Services.
Contact the Bookstore's Customer Service team's Help Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student account charges questions: Please email Student Services
- Student ordering guide
- Inclusive Access:
- What is Inclusive Access
- How to Opt-Out of Inclusive Access
- Billing: Inclusive Access (IA) materials are automatically charged to the student's account. If you drop the class or opt out of using IA materials before the Add/Drop date, a refund will be automatically posted to the student account. If you have any questions about IA refunds, please email email@example.com
Online Order Help?
- Student Account Questions?
Paying for your Textbooks
You have two options for paying for course materials: Pay out of pocket or charge your student account.
Pay out of Pocket
If you wish to pay for your books and supplies out of pocket, select "Use a credit card". We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover.
Charge to your Student Account
Purchases completed using a student account charge limit will be charged to your student account. Payment for any and all bookstore charges on your student account is due by the payment deadline and is subject to the same late fees as tuition, fees, and housing. Only course materials listed as Required can be charged to your student account.
Title IV Authorization
Unless authorization is received, federal financial aid (Title IV) cannot be used to cover non-institutional charges such as TextbookX charges (books). If you would like to have these items placed on your account, you must complete the Title IV Authorization Form. For more information, please visit the UAA Office of the Bursar website.
- Be registered for a PWSC/UAA class (UAF or UAS courses are not eligible)
- Be enrolled at PWSC/UAA as a degree-seeking student (admitted to a degree / certificate program)
- Have no financial holds on your student account
If you had not registered yet or need to fix your admissions or financial status, you will receive the charge limit email and balance the next day after your status is updated. This notification email is sent to your university email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). The charge limit will also show in the online bookstore when you login, even if for some reason you did not receive the email.
If you believe you should have received a charge limit and have not received an email the next day after resolving your eligibility above, please email email@example.com.