National Suicide Prevention Month
by Jessica Young |
In honor of September being National Suicide Prevention Month, PWSC is taking part in the national conversations happening this month around suicide prevention.
If you, or anyone you know, may be struggling with thoughts of suicide, resources are available. Talk with a PWSC staff member and they can connect you to the PWSC Care Team. The team helps provide referrals and support for students, staff, or faculty that may be at risk.
Off-campus resources include the Providence Valdez Counseling Center, Careline Alaska, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, and the Veterans Crisis Line.
- Providence Valdez Counseling Center:907-835-2838 (8 a.m.-5 p.m.) or 907-835-2249 (24/7)
- Careline Alaska: 877-266-4357 (24/7) or text 4help to 839863 from 3 p.m.-11 p.m. (Tuesday-Saturday)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (24/7)
- Options for Deaf or Hard of Hearing call 1-800-799-4899
- Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio (en Espanol): 1-888-628-9454
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 or text 838255