Millwright Scholarship Program
by Jessica Young |
We are excited to announce the Millwright Scholarship Program as a partnership between PWSC and Hecla Greens Creek Mining Company.
Eligible students who apply will go through an interview and selection process. There are two awards available.
Gain on the job experience during long breaks and as school schedule allows. Company paid transportation, through internship -- candidate eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits along with 401K.
Full-time employment will begin after the successful completion of the course per requirements of the program.
- Tuition costs reimbursed
- Tool award of $1,000.00
- Valuable, paid on-the-job experience when not in school
- Applicants must be enrolled/accepted into the millwright program at Prince William Sound College.
- 18 years or older
- Maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA with acceptable attendance
- Pass pre-employment testing and vaccinated/will be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Work for HGCMC for a minimum of two years following graduation (or tuition and tools will need to be paid back).
Application and information can be found here.
Contact human resources at Helca Greens Creek Mining Company for more information: greenscreekhr@Helca-Mining.com, 907-789-81124.