Information for Employees


The University of Alaska uses Concur to manage travel needs. To learn more about this process contact the Office of Administrative Services or go to the UA Statewide Travel website for information and training.

The University of Alaska has revised their regulations in regard to travel. Please read and become familiar with these regulations in an effort to alleviate misunderstandings concerning the process and reimbursement.

Student Travel Forms

For Student Travel Forms please contact OAS.

Grants and Contracts

PWSC OAS requires that all solicitations for outside funding are approved by OAS before they are submitted. The completed grant paperwork must be turned into the Accounts Receivable technician in the OAS office 3 weeks in advance of the application deadline.

For information regarding Grants and Contracts and Sponsored Programs please refer to the UAA websites listed below:

UAA Grants and Contracts
UAA Office of Sponsored Programs

Employee Reimbursement

In some cases, employees can be reimbursed for out of pocket expenses when circumstances prevent the use of the ProCard or other means of procurement. However, these purchases must be pre-approved. Employees must complete and sign an Employee Reimbursement Request Form and attach all required documentation. These documents must be submitted to the Office of Administrative Services for reimbursement.

Representational or entertainment purchases are college funds used to provide refreshments, meals, snacks, beverages or entertainment in support of an event or special occasion. Only the Office of the President is authorized to use Representational Funds.

Non Representational expenses are those expenditures for refreshments, meals, snacks, beverages, decorations, etc. necessary and ordinary to conduct college business.

These types of purchases are subject to University of Alaska Regulations as well as public perception and appearance. Therefore requests for purchase or reimbursement require submitting a completed Rep / Non-Rep Approval Form. The approval process must go through Administrative Services prior to any purchases.

For more information regarding Representational, Nonrepresentational expenses and the acceptance of gifts please refer to the Board of Regents policies that govern such purchases: