Annual Valdez Flu Shot Clinic
- October 24, 2017
- 5-8 p.m.
- Valdez High School
Flu season is coming up, so be prepared by getting a free flu shot at the Annual Valdez Flu Shot Clinic sponsored by the City of Valdez,
Valdez LEPC, Providence Valdez Medical Center, the State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, and the Valdez City Schools.
Help prepare for a public health disaster, volunteer at a POD Excerise!
What is a POD? A Point of Dispensing (POD) is a place where medications or vaccines are given to large numbers of people in a public health emergency.
What is an Exercise? In an exercise, we practice setting up and running a POD before an emergency happens so we are ready to repond to a real world emergency.
Why volunteer? Volunteers are key to the success of the POD! Volunteers are needed to:
- Help set up the POD before it opens.
- Greet people at the entrance of the POD.
- Help people complete the registration and screening forms.
- Direct people to the appropriate POD station.
- Keep POD stations equipped with needed supplies.
- Help break down the POD after closing.
Doctors, nurses, and other licensed medical professionals are needed to:
- Dispense medication or vaccine.
- Provide additional medical evaluation as needed.
Contact the Valdez Public Health Center for more information or to volunteer, by calling 907-853-4612 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.